Partnering to drive Personalized Medicine.
A Strategic Partner for Accelerating Translational Research
Broad Hospital Network with Centralized Infrastructure Enables Research on a National Scale
The Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) Center for Translational Research (CTR) partners with biomedical scientists to facilitate the development of next-generation drugs, diagnostics and devices, thus catalyzing precision medicine. Our state-of-the-art research facility, coupled with our 80+ hospital network and three academic medical centers, is here to support your discovery, product development and clinical implementation programs.
Together with our partners, we advance personalized medicine by translating scientific advances into real clinical solutions. We accomplish this by leveraging the access and reach of the fifth-largest health system in the United States. Our program consists of:
- The Discovery Research Network—A dedicated, embedded team of research professionals partnered with physicians and hospital staff to consent patients for biospecimen-focused research
- Population Data Enterprise—Connectivity to CHI’s Centralized Electronic Health Record system that enables sample annotation and patient population-based queries and analytics
- The Center for Clinical Research—CTR’s partnership with CHI’s research enterprise provides a coordinated network of research sites for observational and interventional clinical trials
We seek partners from biopharma, academia and government to help sustainably facilitate the advancement and delivery of personalized medicine through the translation of scientific discoveries into clinical solutions. To this end, we have created a national research enterprise consisting of a dynamic team of scientists, clinical research professionals and regulatory specialists, in combination with cloud-based informatics tools and standardized quality systems. This infrastructure is the foundation for centralized project design, and the implementation of national research studies. Through the CTR, we:
- Develop partnerships to advance molecular biomarker discovery and validation, utilizing prospective procurement of thoroughly annotated biospecimens
- Assist with and manage study design, protocol creation, IRB approval and study implementation
- Perform genomic and proteomic analyses in support of clinical trials and investigator-initiated research studies
- Engage clinician investigators to support the uptake of precision medicine in our community-based hospital network
CTR Discovery Research Network
The CTR’s operational infrastructure, consisting of the CHI hospital network, dedicated research staff, translational research software and IRB-approved protocols for biospecimen procurement and associated clinical data enables centrally coordinated, multi-site research studies.
CTR Development Services
Our translational research laboratory is a powerful resource for the discovery, analysis and validation of biomarkers and associated assays, in preparation of regulatory filings. CTR Development Services assists partners in clinical and health-economic impact studies as well as pilot commercialization of novel tests or technologies. In collaboration with the CHI Center for Clinical Research, projects can move quickly from development to clinical trials.
We Are Here. We Are Healthcare.
We work closely with the physicians, pathologists and hospital staff that deliver today’s healthcare, and use their knowledge and insights to identify unmet medical needs.
We then work within CHI to develop hypotheses, subsequently utilizing translational methodologies to address these research questions directly, or in partnership with others. Embedded within the nation’s fifth-largest health system, the CTR provides the necessary breadth, infrastructure and expertise to translate data into knowledge—and knowledge into action.
Organized under CHI’s Institute for Research and Innovation (CIRI), the CTR works closely with two other CIRI entities: The Center for Clinical Research and The Center for Healthcare Innovation. Through this institute, CHI has created a visionary model for research and innovation, transforming cutting-edge science and technology into clinical solutions.
For partnering opportunities and to learn more about how you can participate, contact the CHI Center for Translational Research
CHI Center for Translational Research
7601 Osler Drive Towson, MD 21204