An emerging national resource for Clinical Research
CHI’s Commitment to Promoting Patient Access to Tomorrow’s Medicines
Nationally Partnered Enterprise Dedicated to Excellence in Clinical Research
Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) recognizes that access to the latest advances in medicine and medical devices is a key component in the management of many diseases and part of CHI’s mission to provide the highest quality care. Sustaining clinical research and trials is costly and challenging for care providers. The Center for Clinical Research (CCR) is one of three operating units of the CHI Institute for Research and Innovation.
By creating a nationally partnered model that offers professional research management services grounded in standardized procedures, policies and IT infrastructures, the CCR is poised to efficiently and effectively manage clinical trials across the CHI network. CCR will be extending its partnership model to include more of CHI’s health systems and clinical sites, as the program progresses.
The ongoing expansion of trial volume and diversity represents a significant opportunity to patients and physicians across CHI. Government, academic and industry sponsors benefit from CCR’s efficiencies in multi-site trial operations.
Located within CHI’s Denver, Colorado national headquarters, CCR is also able to catalyze innovation in the community healthcare setting for physician innovators and emerging companies seeking clinical development of their novel therapeutics, diagnostics and devices.
Sponsor Benefits of the Center for Clinical Research Network:
- Focus on multi-site trial launches creates value through efficiency
- Centralized study start-up team employs an efficient process and framework for rapid start-up across multiple sites (one IRB, one contract, one budget—dramatically speeds up implementation)
- Enterprise-wide transparency through network Clinical Trial Management System allows protocol and site metric visibility
- Diverse populations throughout the CHI system represent a microcosm of the United States
- National quality and training program to ensure expert site staff and Principal Investigators for compliance and safe study conduct throughout the trial lifecycle
- Centralized and site-specific patient recruitment resources accelerate accrual
- Emerging CHI national EMR allows interoperability in site selection through demographic and epidemiologic insights
Center for Clinical Research: Part of a Greater Vision for Research
Founded in 2007, the Catholic Health Initiatives Institute for Research and Innovation (CIRI) connects Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) hospitals, physicians and patients to the latest medical advances.
CIRI also serves as a central point to collaborators and sponsors throughout the healthcare research stakeholder continuum.
The formation of CIRI signaled a clear commitment to the healthcare industry that CHI is a vested participant in the processes of research and innovation designed to have a significant impact on health outcomes across the many communities CHI serves. CIRI provides a national infrastructure for research and clinical trials, piloting innovations in care delivery and patient engagement, and significant clinical data foundational resources.
CIRI employs a staff of experts who manage quality, compliance, finance, contracts, regulatory and IT. Our team is solely dedicated to expanding clinician and patient access to treatments, devices and research protocols that may otherwise be unavailable within the community healthcare setting. CIRI is the organizational engine for the coordination of research and innovation across CHI’s nationwide system of 100+ hospitals, aligned clinicians and research staff, and academic medical center partners spanning 19 states.
Ultimately, these efforts seek to further the state and future of care for patients in the communities we serve.
For partnering opportunities and to learn more about how you can participate, contact the Center for Clinical Research.
CHI Center for Clinical Research
198 Inverness Drive West Englewood, CO 80112